Tuesday 14 February 2012

14th Febraury - race review

I wouldn’t normally carry out a race review for a ‘mention’ – but I feel compelled to do so after that particular race…!

To say I read it well, is a bit of an under-statement (even if I say so myself !!).
Buffalo Bob went from the front and soon had Diamond Frontier and Pentiffic in trouble.
Dinarius never featured – and Best Lover looked beaten when he unshipped his rider at the sixth last.

That left Buffalo Bob, Charingworth and Categorical.
Buffalo Bob led into the straight but Charingworth was cruising in behind and jumped past him at the third last.
It really looked a question of how far for Charingworth. He was trading at 1/20 on Betfair as he jumped the second last – but he stumbled on landing and Lucy Alexander went over his shoulder.

I’ve said before that, over the years, I’ve had to learn how to deal with bad luck – and maybe some of you can now see what I mean !
Buffalo Bob managed to continue to gallop to the line, holding off Categorical…

So how do I feel about all that…?
Gutted that Charingworth unshipped after the second last as it cost me a few quid; irritated that Buffalo Bob was the one that took advantage of the fall (even though I don’t begrudge the horse the victory, it will have deprived us of an opportunity in the future) – and relieved that I didn’t actually tip Charingworth ! Though, in truth, the relief is probably more than cancelled out by the first two emotions !!

On to tomorrow then…
TVB.

2 comments:

  1. Top effort and so unlucky. was the jock at fault at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think so...
    The horse jumped the fence a little big; landed a bit steeply and just buckled. The jockey had little chance of staying on.
    One of those things I guess - but still, a bit annoying !!!

    ReplyDelete