Thursday 23 February 2012

23rd February - Race review

Charming Lad ran very poorly this afternoon.
He was being niggled after a few fences and gradually dropped to the rear, before finally being pulled up four fences from home. Conditions should have been fine for him and he has clearly gone backwards since his seasonal debut. He couldn’t be followed in the immediate future…

I was actually quite surprised to see him run so poorly. Having been weak in the market for most of the day, he developed significant strength in the key minutes before the off and was sent off a very tight 7/1 shot.
In fairness, that was due in part to the weakness of the favourite, Ballyoliver, who drifted from an early 6/4, to 9/4 at the off (and bigger on BF).

In that respect, I read the race correctly last night. I was keen to take of a falsely short priced favourite – I just chose the wrong horse to do it with…

There won’t be any tips tomorrow (though I will send an email to confirm this). Nothing jumps out at me at either Warwick or Sandown and whilst I continue to struggle for time, I want to keep things as low key as possible.
I’ll make sure I find some time tomorrow evening though, so normal service should be resumed on Saturday ;)

TVB

4 comments:

  1. Unlucky today mate, just wasnt meant to be! Im sure we will get a winner or two on saturday. Was half expecting you tip Aather tomorrow. Mite have a few quid ew on, it would break my heart if it won!

    Ciaran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming Lad ran very disappointingly today – I can’t believe that was his form (though I’ve no idea what the issue might have been !).
    I did notice Aather tomorrow - and that Numide is in the same race (I tried to tip him twice during the cold spell). Of the two, I would be more interested in Aather – but he was disappointing last time out (again, for no obvious reason).
    It looks a trappy enough race though – and I’m happy to swerve it…
    The most interesting race is probably the 4:40 at Sandown. I reckon Nozic could outrun his odds – but I suspect the winner will come from the front of the market, I just can’t figure out which one !
    I’ll put some proper time in tomorrow evening and hopefully find one or two for Saturday…
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a race from Numide (although not tiped), really unlucky after a slow start,at least i got something with EW ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tell you what Fabian, that could have been the tip to end all tips, if the race it was scheduled to run in, had taken place at Leicester on 1st Feb...
    I had 2 points on it that day - it had ideal conditions - and it was a 25/1 shot !
    Based on today's performance, it simply must have gone close...
    In case you were wondering, the reason I didn't tip it today, is because it wants heavy conditions - and Sandown was good with firm patches...
    It would have been bottom-less that day at Leicester tho... :(

    ReplyDelete