Saturday 10 March 2012

10th March - Race reviews

I’ve no idea what happened with Dovers Hill this afternoon – he’d obviously not read the job description for TVB tips…
That clearly states that when a TVB tip is backed like crazy, it has a responsibility to finish an honourable second. During this ‘project’ I have tipped 15 horses which have at least halved in price – and no less than 6 of them have finished runner up – with just the 1 winning (Mostly Bob).
In truth, I was absolutely sure, jumping the last, that Dovers Hill was going to make it 7 – but credit to the horse, even with that massive burden on his shoulders, he put his head down and battled all the way to the line.
In all seriousness, it was a fine performance from Dovers Hill, who jumped from fence to fence and clearly relished the quicker ground.
I guess I have to feel a little for Ballyfoy – maybe the ground was just a bit too quick for him ;)

I think the ground was also a little quick for Sophonie – despite the official description of heavy ! I’ve not checked the times, but the ground certainly didn’t look to be riding as if it were heavy.
It is possible that Sophonie was settled just a bit too far off the pace. I expected that to be the plan – but the trouble is, the leaders didn’t stop, as I’d hoped they would.
Sophonie ran a fair race – and I’ve little doubt that she could win a race off today’s mark on truly bottom less ground. But, with spring in the air, I suspect that will happen next season…

The same was also true for Plein Pouvoir, over at Chepstow.
He is such a fine big horse – and he treats the fences like hurdles - but all he can do it plod. Unfortunately for him, Buffalo Bob was able to quicken away from him after the third last – and hard as he tried, he just couldn’t peg him back.
A bit like Sophonie, I think that is likely to be his last chance this season.
Still, he will start next season on a very fair mark – and I for one, will be looking out for him..
Just a quick word on his price, which did drift slightly. I suspect that it might have touched 3/1 at a point (I was only monitoring prices on BF), so if that was the case, it would have been 1 point lost.
Like I said this morning, I’m happy to take feedback from people on whether they think dealing with races in such a manner, could work.

Today’s 2 tips are likely to be the last ‘public’ tips that I give out this season…
I’m desperately trying to put the hours into the Cheltenham form study and I simply can’t do that and do the day-to-day racing justice.
My plan is to tidy everything up, once Cheltenham is over. I’ll write a final report for the season – make a few proposals/suggestions and then knock things on the head.

If anyone does want to join the Cheltenham fun – but hasn’t subscribed yet – there is still time !
Just follow the instructions under ’Cheltenham Special’ on the right and I’ll add you to the distribution list and send you all of the tips that have been issued so far.

TVB.


2 comments:

  1. I'm embarressed to admit that I didn't back him myself Fabian..!
    I backed Otage De Brion (so he owes me even more now !) - but I missed the 18/1 on Nozic with VC and then didn't get round to revisiting (I've been too wrapped up in the Cheltenham preparation !).
    It was at least some consolation to read that you - and one or two others - weren't as tardy as I was !!
    A.

    ReplyDelete