Thursday 1 March 2012

1st March - Race review

Well, we might be treading water on the P&L at the moment – but you can’t say that my tips don’t provide entertainment !!
Once again I managed to latch on to the steamer of the day – but alas, once again, it proved to no avail…

The problem is, what I am primarily trying to do, is identify ‘value’ in the early bird markets.
The belief is, that if you do manage to identify ‘value’ (and that can probably be defined by, significantly beating SP), then the profits should take care of themselves…
I could probably do exactly the same thing at other times: first thing in the morning; lunchtime and just before the off – but my personal circumstances dictate that the evening before, is when I’ve got the time available to go looking.
Unfortunately, at the moment, the profits aren’t really taking care of themselves – but I guess little damage is being done – and hopefully, you are all getting a good read and a little excitement !!

In the race itself, Maraafeq raced with little enthusiasm, running and jumping in a laboured fashion. It was hoped that the cheek-pieces he was wearing, would spark him into life, but this proved not to be he case.
Despite that, he was still in with half a chance turning for home. However, he weakened up the straight and ultimately finished well beaten.
I don’t expect I’ll be following him in the immediate future…

The big eye-catcher of the race was Rackham Lerouge. He loomed up, at the end of the back straight, looking like he was going to win hard held. However, he fell in a hole when the pressure was applied.
There are 2 ways of looking at his performance: He could be interesting dropped back half a mile; or he has a problem (breathing, bleeding etc.) that is prevented him going through with his effort.
One to keep an eye on though, I think…

No comments:

Post a Comment