Saturday 3 March 2012

3rd March - Race reviews

No joy again today – and I’m starting to feel like I could just do with a slice of luck…
Not that I’m saying I’m getting bad luck particularly – I’m just not getting any good luck…

I managed to nominate the winners of both of today’ races as the main dangers to the tips. Obviously that is little consolation to anyone – but it does at least demonstrate that I’m am nearer to the mark, than might appear to be the case if you are just backing the tips !!

I was particularly disappointed by the run of Kangaroo Court, because I really fancied him today.
However, the other jockeys gifted the favourite Corkage, an uncontested lead – and more than that, he was just about the only horse in the race that settled.
Needless to say, he had loads left in the tank when he was challenged and just quickened clear of his toiling rivals.
The victory doubtless flatters him (as he had the run of the race) and he might struggle of his revised mark.
Kangaroo Court should probably be given another chance – but his next run is likely to be after I’ve finish tipping…

At Newbury, Wogan travelled fine until he reached the water jump at the end of the first circuit. He then came under pressure and was quickly a spent force.
Somewhat ironically, there was rain at Newbury this morning and it seemed to have got into the ground (we needed it yesterday for Plein Pouvoir). Give underfoot certainly wouldn’t have suited Wogan – but whether that was the issue, or some physical problem, I don’t honestly know.
Either way, I wouldn’t be in a rush to back him next time out…



No comments:

Post a Comment