Saturday 21 January 2012

21st January - Selection rationale (part 2)

Time has run out on me this morning – too many things to do (including replying to a comment from our old friend Marvin !!).

I had hoped to tip 2 this morning: Richard’s Sundance (whom I have tipped ) and Buffalo Bob.

Both were available at 8/1 last night – but as only 3 bookmakers had priced up the races, I decided to hold fire until this morning.
The 8/1 was still available on Richard’s Sundance when I got up – but Buffalo Bob had crashed in price to 5/1.
It’s a shame really, as I was intending to have a point EW on Buffalo Bob at that price (or maybe better). At a quarter the odds a place, that would have been a 50% return if he finishes in the first 3 (which I think is highly likely) and a big bonus if he was good enough to win.
At 5/1, it’s only money back if he places – and that is no where near as attractive. If he drifts nearer the off, I’ll be on !!

The case for Richard’s Sundance, is that he is a well handicapped horse, previously successful over course and distance. He was well backed for a class 2 race last timer out (today’s race is class 3) but he fell at the sixth fence.
I particularly like the fact that Victor Dartnell is also running Nicto De Beauchene in the race, as this reduces the weight that Richard’s Sundance has to carry.
I think there can be little doubt that Richard’s is the stables number 1 hope (the presence of Andrew Glassonbury in the saddles certainly suggest that) and I would be hopeful that he will give a very good account of himself.

1pt win Richards Sundance 8/1

No comments:

Post a Comment