Saturday 21 January 2012

22nd January - Selection rationale

I had no intention of tipping tomorrow – as I said on my previous post !
However, my alerts for the day came through and told me that Tafika is running at Market Rasen – and I changed my mind !
That said, I nearly didn’t bother, as I think they are running him over the wrong trip and the race has other front runners – but, at the price, I think it is worth taking a chance that his class will see him through…

Tafika is a big, imposing chaser and it was a real surprise to see him fall last time out at Warwick. Prior to that, he had run really well on his seasonal debut at Bangor, until lack of fitness, took it’s toll…
Generally, Tafika likes to make the running, but with O Crotaigh and Daldini in the race, he might be forced to tuck in behind.
Hopefully this won’t inconvenience him too much – and if a searching gallop results in the race becoming something of a stamina test, then that should play to Tafika’s strengths.
Being such a big horse, I am quite happy with him giving away weight to inferior animals – it also seems significant that Paul Webber is prepared to take just the one horse all the way over to Market Rasen on a Sunday.
I can pick holes in all of his rivals – so although he isn’t bomb proof himself, I think he is worth a small wager at the best available price.

1pt win Tafika 7/1

No comments:

Post a Comment