Sunday 8 January 2012

8th January - Race review

I’ve got to say that I’m getting a little irritated with Venetia Williams…
Her horses have accounted for more of my tips than any other trainer (8) - including a couple of my strongest fancies (Ranjobie and Plein Pouvoir) - and only once have we drawn (when Rileyev finished second, back in November).

Yesterday, I tipped Atouchbetweenacara (again !) from the Williams stable and it finished well beaten; whilst 10 minutes later, over at Sandown Ciceron landed an almighty punt for the stable, in the handicap hurdle.

Today, I tipped Douryna and William’s Niceonefrankie brushed her aside, completing a double for the stable, following the earlier victory of Lightening Strike.
I appreciate that picking the right ones is key – but all the same..!

Anyway, I don’t think that there is much I can say about today’s tip – other than you won’t get many better losing tips this year !

I know it’s getting tedious, but Douryna was hammered in from 11/1 last night to 9/2 second favourite at the off. In the race itself, she travelled very nicely throughout and touched 1.63 IR when she and Niceonefrankie went clear.
Alas it was not to be – and I can’t have any complaints about the result in isolation. The best horse won – and ours ran very well to finish second.

On to tomorrow then…!!

4 comments:

  1. It is very frustrating mate but the fact of the matter is we destroyed the SP yet again and if we keep betting 9/2 shots at 11/1 profit is inevitable. The horse ran an incredible race and looked the winner at a stage but there was just one better on the day, it was still an awesome pick and thank you. Keep up the good work :)

    Ciaran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously mate, you surely traded him before the off, best odds I got were 8.4 but laid him off @ 6.0 before the off. At worst you should use your selection techniques to get a free bet. Dunno what your stakes are but I think you are are not using your talents correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Ciaran - keep the faith and hopefully you will get your reward !

    I appreciate the comment Average Guy, but I put up these horses simply because I think they have a good chance of winning, which has been under-estimated by the market (or more accurately, the odds compilers). I’m not interested in trading them – even though the majority do shorten (and quite significantly). However, if you read my post on dealing with bad luck, you will see that I ensure I don’t lose on ones like today’s…
    What you have to realise, is that horse racing is an interest for me (actually, it’s more of a passion !): I like the challenge of trying to figure out a race. I don’t play with big stakes – the financial side of it is not really that important to me.
    I’m sure I could make more money from my knowledge – but that would take more time and I already spend plenty of that on the puzzle that is the race !
    Obviously, if you can make it pay more effectively, then feel free to do so. Simply backing my selections at suggested prices to advised stakes and laying them back at BF SP would have yielded a 27 point profit so far. But then again, backing them at suggested prices to suggested stakes and not laying them off, would have yielded a 34 point profit and been a lot more fun !
    You pay your money, you make your choice…
    TVB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I just wanted to take a minute to tell you that you have a great site! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete