Sunday 22 January 2012

TVB earlybird - Adjustment in direction

I’m now over half way through the TVB-earlybird project (I said at the beginning that it would run until the final race at the Cheltenham festival) and I’ve been thinking about where I would like to take it from this point…

As you may recall, when I set out, I had no particular agenda: my hope was simply that by creating the blog, I would focus more on form study etc. and as a consequence, my own betting would become more profitable. In reality, this has only part-happened.
I’ve certainly been concentrating intently on the race (or as intently as time permits !) – but my betting hasn’t really got any more profitable. That said, it hasn’t got any less profitable either, so I’m not particularly complaining.
I’ve quite enjoyed the blogging experience – even if I’ve not had as many inter-actions as I had maybe hoped. However, I have got to wonder why I’m putting in all the time and effort, if I’m not really getting any personal benefit from it…

I have always been quite prepared to help out people who would like to get an understanding of racing – and that desire remains. Racing has been a key component of my life for over 30 years – bringing me some tremendous highs and great memories. It may sound a little odd, but I feel some kind of obligation to share that.
Consequently, I’ve no issue with producing the blog (assuming it is getting an appropriate readership).

What I don’t feel so comfortable with, is just broadcasting profitable tips to anyone who wants to tune in.
I really don’t like using Twitter and so I’m going to start moving away from it…

By the beginning of next month, I will be issuing all of my tips by email, before I Tweet them. By doing this, I will ultimately render Twitter valueless (by the time I Tweet, prices are likely to be gone) – but that is my objective.
Most people nowadays have smart phones – and therefore should be able to set up ‘push emails’ to their phones. This should mean that people can receive notifications of tips just as quickly as is currently the case with Twitter.

Therefore, if you want to continue to receive the tips as soon as they are broadcast, you will need to let me have an email address that I can send them to.
I intend to set up a couple of distribution groups so that I can prioritise who gets the tips first. I already send the tips to a handful of friends before they are Tweeted and this will continue to be the case.
However, I plan to have at 2 more tiers: the first for the people who have supported this project (the likes of Ciaran and the guys from the TFA forum) and the second for people I don’t know at all (the anonymous guys !).
If I’m going to help people make money, then I feel that I have the right to prioritise who they will be…

So, to re-iterate, if you want to continue to receive the tips in a timely fashion, you will need to email: TVB.earlybird@gmail.com.
If you want to be on the first list that gets notified, you will need to identify yourself – and state your case for inclusion.
I will be prepared to move people from the second list to the first list, over time – but only when I become familiar with the individual.

Of course, providing an email address is completely optional. I’m sure there are people who don’t follow the tips – but like to read the rationale (or just follow the journey).
In that case, then fine. You don’t need to do anything – I will be continuing to blog in the same way as I have done for the past few months, so you can enjoy the write ups as you always have done.

I hope the above all makes sense – and I’ll look forward to hearing from some of your over the next few days…
TVB.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andy i have been quiet the last few days as i have been away in England with no wifi :( Of course i was still betting your tips ;)
    I see Stow and Reindeer Dippin kicked clear of the rest, thats two races where you have tipped two that came in first and second, which is amazing considering typical punters sruggle to get either! I emailed you to the email address on the blog (TVB.earlybird@googlemail.com.) but it said that it didnt look like a valid email address and failed to send, i sent it to the other one i have for you so if you can when you get a chance let me know if you recieved it. Thanks again and keep er lit!
    Ciaran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Ciaran.
    I've changed the email address on the blog post to be TVB.earlybird@gmail.com (from googlemail.com) - I don't know if that was the problem - but it's worth a try !
    Hopefully people will either get it to work - or comment on here that they can't (I've received a few emails already, so some have found a way round it).

    It was certainly nice to see both Reindeer and Stow run so well on Saturday. I did think that Stow would prove the stronger when it mattered - but Reindeer deserved it. It was some performance under that weight...

    ReplyDelete