Tuesday 20 December 2011

20th December - Race reivews

Defeats for Thunder Child and Stripe me Blue today, took the P&L for the month back to zero. I feel like I’ve put in quite a lot of effort to get knowhere ! - but I guess there are no guarantees in this game…

Thunder Child was in the process of running a fair race, when he came to grief at the seventh fence. I very much doubt he would have beaten easy winner, Triple Bluff, even if he had stood up – but he was the only horse giving him any kind of a race and he may well have been placed. Of course, that wouldn’t have done us much good as I had gone win only..!

When horses making their seasonal debut are significant market drifters, it tends to mean one thing…
When I tipped Stripe me Blue this morning, he was a comfortable 16/1 shot (as he was yesterday evening). Apparently Pricewise extra tipped him at lunchtime at and there was a subsequent collapse in price.
I didn’t see the race live, but when I left the house, Stripe me Blue was a solid 10 (9/1) on Betfair. I was therefore a little surprised when I got home to see he had been returned at 25/1 (30 on BF !).
In the race itself, he ran as you would expect a horse who needed the outing, would run…
He raced prominently early; dropped back to last and then made some late headway to finish sixth. He is likely to be dropped a couple of pounds for the run and would definitely be of interest next time out.
Just a quick word about the winner, J’Adhere. He pulled like a train through the entire race – and still managed to find reserves in the final furlong, to battle to victory. I’ve no idea where the massive improvement in form came from – he had looked pretty exposed prior to today. However, if he can be taught to settle, you would have to think, based on today’s performance, that he could go on and record further successes…

No comments:

Post a Comment