Monday 5 December 2011

5th December - Race review

Watching the novice chase this afternoon, the most noteable thing that struck me about Indian Daudaie, was how relatively small he was. True, as a 4 year old, he was at least a year younger than all of his rivals – but age alone didn’t count for the size difference
Consequently, negotiating the obstacles was a bit trickier for him – and soon after half way, he appeared to be fighting a losing battle.
In fairness, I think today’s race will turn out to be a very good one (or at least, I think the winner, Invictus, will turn out to be a very good horse).
With regard to Indian Daudaie, I would appear that it’s back to the drawing board. He certainly didn’t strike me as a natural chaser – but then again, he was disappointing as a hurdler on his previous outing.
All in all, a bit of a challenge for champion trainer, Paul Nicholls, I think…

No comments:

Post a Comment