Thursday 10 November 2011

10th November - Race review

Horse: Backfromthecongo
Price Advised: 16/1
ISP: 15/2
BSP: 10.0
Position: Unplaced


Well, I’ve been playing this game for long enough to get used to disappointments – and this afternoon, was certainly a disappointment !
Having remained unmoved with the various early bird bookmakers for much of yesterday evening, Backfromthecongo was then hammered from 16/1 in to 6/1.
That really was some move – though in my mind, it took the horse to a price that better represented its chance in the race.
Personally, I would have priced it up at around 8/1 – and I was actually a little irritated with myself this morning, that I didn’t have the courage of my own convictions and stake it higher !!
However, that sense of disappointment left me soon after the race had begun ! Always seeming to struggling to keep up with the pace – Backfromthecongo was beaten long before the home turn.
It did run on a little when the race was over – and my feeling is that it needs a stiffer test of stamina (either a different track, longer distance or softer ground). However, whether I will be steaming into it again – even give those circumstances – is a mute point…
On to tomorrow then…

No comments:

Post a Comment