Thursday 17 November 2011

17th November - Race review

Horse: Wise Hawk
Price Advised: 25/1
ISP: 10/1
BSP: 10.84
Position: 2nd


How do you deal with something like today’s race…?
The second 25/1 shot in the last 3 selections, who has finished an unlucky runner-up – and this one was only beaten a head ! I guess I’m getting closer to a winner…!

Yesterday I was bemoaning the fact I managed to miss putting up 3 double figured winners in 4 days; today it is the fact that the ones I do put up don’t seem to get rub of the green…

Still, these things are sent to test you – so you’ve just got to get on with it and believe that ‘luck’ evens itself out in the long run (and when it does, I’m going to go on one hell of a run !!).

Anyway, onto the race itself:
Wise Hawk travelled like a dream (again) and looked sure to hack up rounding the home turn (again !).
The big question was always what he would find when put under pressure – and whilst he didn’t quicken as might have been hoped, he did find – and kept on finding…
Unfortuantely, it was not quite enough – simply, his head was up when it should have been down. On such fine margins, fortunes are won and lost…
On the plus side, it was a very creditable performance for a 25/1 shot (sic !). It was good to know that I had read his apparent frailties correctly – just a shame that I didn’t get suitable reward !.
Worse still, the world and his wife will now know that he is a well handicapped horse, waiting to win a race (unless of course, he has had a breathing operation, as the impact of those tends to start wearing off after a couple of runs).
The bottom line therefore, is that he is unlikely to be a tip again – but I can’t accuse Wise Hawk of not giving his best when he was !!

2 comments:

  1. You must be storing up a hell of a lot of good luck for one of my Lucky 15's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't really got time to get into the psychology of betting Roy - much as I'd like to !
    However, if I can find a few minutes, I'll put up a post on how I deal with this sort of thing (it happens pretty frequently to me, as you know !).
    I think you need something in your armour to help keep you sane, when things start getting a little trying !!!

    ReplyDelete