Saturday 26 November 2011

26th November - Selection rationale (update)

Storymaker caught my eye last time out when he ran in a competitive race at Carlisle.
He travelled well through the race, looking likely to play a part in the finish as others around him dropped out.
Ultimately, he didn’t get home but that was his first run for 4 months so I suspect it was needed.
He is fairly handicapped and has a good record at Bangor, so I’m optimistic he will put up a decent showing today.
Confidence would be much higher if the opposition didn’t look as strong ! (I feel I’ve said that a few times lately !). However, a lot of his opponents have big potential, whereas he has the form in the book.
I would much prefer to be putting him up EW but with the 7 runners, I don’t think it is worth it for the just 2 places.
He probably needs 2 or 3 of his opponents to not run up to their potential if he is to win. However, the thing about potential is that it is often unfulfilled !!
If his rivals aren’t up to the job, then Storymaker sets a solid standard and I’m sure he will be there to take advantage of any slip ups.

0.5pt win Storymaker 33/1


I’ve put up a lot of horses today: 7 in total, which is more than double the number I have put up on any previous day…
I thought long and hard about each one – and the truth of the matter is that if any of them hadn’t been running on a Saturday, they would have been a tip.
It’s just unfortunate, that they all chose to run on the same day (a bit like waiting for a bus, I guess !!).
Obviously, if non of them perform, it could be a disaster of a day (relatively speaking !) – but that’s a risk I’m prepared to take. I believe I’ve staked them all appropriately – and on the flip side, just one winner, should ensure it’s not a losing day.
Fingers crossed that some of the luck I’ve been saving up, gets paid back today !!

3 comments:

  1. Really great job :)for today thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done today, really great job! I trust you had the forecast in the Hennessy too!

    All the best
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers guys.
    You don't get many days like Saturday, so you have to make the most of them when they do occur.
    I'll be looking at consolidating now - for the next 5 days at least ;)

    ReplyDelete