Sunday 6 November 2011

6th November - Race review

Frontier Dancer provided the perfect end to my first week of early bird tipping, by battling on gamely to take the 3m Handicap hurdle at Ffos Las.
It was a particularly sweet result, as it was my biggest stake so far – and I went win only (having toyed with EW !).
I can promise you, that I invariably get those kind of decisions wrong ! – so if you managed to get on for the 2 full points, win only, you really don’t know how lucky you were !!
And that is ignoring how difficult it must have been to get on with Ladbrokes, at the suggested 12/1.
I tweeted at 6:30 – and the price went at 6:35. 5 minutes is not a lot of time for anyone to get themselves organised – but such are the challenges of the early bird punter !
I hope a few of you did get on. In truth, I would probably have had a point on the horse at 9/1 (I maybe should have said that) as 12/1 really was exceptional value.


Horse: Frontier Dancer
Price Advised: 12/1
ISP: 7/1
BSP: 11.15
Position: 1st

In the race itself, Frontier Dancer travelled like a dream and looked sure to win as he took up the running jumping the second last. However, he then appeared to empty – and a poor jump at the last seemed to have sealed his fate.
Credit to conditional jockey David Bass for galvanising the horse – and holding off AP McCoy – who subsequently picked up a 5 day ban for excessive use of the whip on the runner up.
Credit also to Lawney Hill, who really is a master (mistress ?!) at revitalising these tired old hurdlers…

2 comments:

  1. Hi Value Bettor,

    I noticed your blog after reading a recent post on the Football Analyst. Good to see a new face in the blogging community. Will be following with interest.

    Kind regards,
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jason,
    Thanks for the comment – it’s appreciated.
    My blogging stats kept on telling me that people were reading my ramblings (or at least visiting the pages !) but only now has that been confirmed !
    Graeme (The Football Analyst) told me that he was going to put a link to my blog on his – however, I didn’t realise that he was going to dedicate an entire post to it !
    No wonder my readership has increased significantly today (and I thought it was down to yesterday’s winner !).
    Co-incidently, I checked out your blog earlier today (as people have been directed from it to mine). It looks like you are running a very professional operation – you even seem to generate more posts per day than I do, which must take some doing !
    TVB

    ReplyDelete