Sunday 20 November 2011

21st November - Update

It’s actually not bad racing for a Monday, tomorrow. However, there are mainly small fields and whilst I do have a couple of half fancies, I can’t bring myself to tip them, when the odds are around 5/1. There is something inside me that means I need to strongly fancy one, to put it up at that kind of a price !

At Ffos Las, Good Order interested me in the handicap chase at 1:55. Tom George is runnign him in a handicap on his chasing debut, which is always an interesting move.
He could be significantly better than his mark – and 9/2 isn’t too bad a price in a 6 runner race – but there is a fair amount of guesswork involved…

At Ludlow, I’d be happy to take on Wessex King in the handicap chase at 2:15. I’m actually quite a fan of the horse, but I think he could be vulnerable off top weight.
The 2 that interested me were Pin D’estruval and Blindspn. However, both like to make the running – as did Wessex King last time out.
Consequently the result of the race is likely to be significantly influenced by jockey tactics (who chooses to kick on and who chooses to hold up).
There is no way of knowing how this will pan out so although Pin D’estruval was tempting at 13/2, I decided to pass on the race.

Finally at Kempton, it’s difficult not to be enticed by bottom weight Namarama in the handicap hurdle. He travels over from Ireland on the back of a promising run last time out.
However, on closer inspection, there were at least a couple of others who were also of interest (Georgian Girl and Cool Strike). The 4/1 available on Namarama therefore became less attractive…


Overall, it has been another quiet week, during which the P&L has bobbed around the same point.
Obviously 4 seconds in the past 7 days at odds of 25/1, 25/1, 7/1 and 16/1 were always going to mean it would be a frustrating week – particularly as 3 of the 4 traded odds on in-running ! Whilst backing 3 of them EW meant that the P&L didn’t go backwards, the difference if just one of them had won, would have been quite significant.
Still, I guess it at least demonstrates that I remain in the zone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment