Wednesday 16 November 2011

16th November - Review of the day

If I have an achilles heal when I am betting, it is that I’m too cautious…
When it comes to tipping, I think I have the same flaw !

Hot on the heels of the missed double on Saturday, came the missing of a 14/1 winner today.
True, I would probably only have had 0.5pt on it – but it would/should have been a decent profit on the day.
If Llama Farmer hadn’t been in the race, I would have tipped Lexicon Lad – but I had a sneaking suspicion that Llama Farmer might come good – and I didn’t really want to tip 2 in the race.
Anyway, what’s done, is done ! Hopefully, some of you took the ‘unofficial’ advice (learnt from Saturday !). I had a small wager on them both myself – but it was scant consolation really…

In terms of performances, Lexicon Lad travelled like the winner throughout the race – and was trading around 2/1 on BF with a circuit still to go !
Llama Farmer threatened briefly down the far side – but faded up the straight. I dare say I’ll give him another try – I’m a sucker for certain horses !

In the first at Warwick, Uffa Fox made a bad mistake at the first and never recovered. Having been strong in the market during the morning, he wasn’t so strong immediately prior to the off. I got the feeling that today wasn’t going to be the day, whatever…

At Hexham, Signalman nearly gave me double cause for woe ! He ran a really good race but was ultimately beaten by a horse with a few pounds in hand of the handicapper.
I think life might be difficult for Signalman. He strikes me as a very honest horse, who will never have any secrets from the handicapper. Placing him to advantaged could prove tricky for his trainer, James Ewart…

No comments:

Post a Comment