Wednesday 9 November 2011

9th November - Update

Thunder Child is a non-runner this afternoon, which is disappointing – though not as disappointing as it would have been if I’d managed to get the 12/1. LOL !
In truth, I did have some reservations about it’s ability to handle soft ground – and I see it has rained at Exeter overnight. I guess this might explain it’s defection – but then again, it might not !
I’ll keep an eye out for it next time when hopefully they won’t find a race full of unexposed/potentially improving types !

I see that Kayf Aramis has been backed this morning, which makes me wish I’d taken a bit of the 12/1 last night. I would have done so, if I could have been sure that the horse would be sufficiently straight today. That is the big issue you face, backing NH horses at this time of the year – you can make an educated guess about their fitness, but you only know for sure when it is too late…

Nicto De Beauchene has remained virtually the same price this morning. If he drifts pre-race and gets close to double figures, I’ll maybe have a small play. But then again, the drift may be because connections know he needs the run ! Oh the dilemmas of betting !!

I’ll be checking out the early bird prices from around 5:00 this evening – Ludlow and Taunton offer tomorrow's domestic NH entertainment.
If I find any juicy early worms, I’ll tweet them as fast as my fingers will allow !!

No comments:

Post a Comment