Friday 11 November 2011

11th November - Race review

Horse: Oh Crick
Price Advised: 16/1
ISP: 14/1
BSP: 17.18
Position: Unplaced


Oh Crick ran a fair race this afternoon to finish seventh, without ever really looking likely to win.
I suspect that he will come good again this season but probably only after he has either dropped a few more pounds – or possibly been stepped up in trip.
Crack Away Jack also ran a decent race to finish fifth. He may well have gone close but for a bad mistake at the fourth last, something that is always possible when you have an inexperienced horse in a big field at Cheltenham.
The winner, Tanks for That, won well – though it remains to be seen whether he will be able to progress from this run. It struck me that he was pretty near his peak today.

One other footnote: I was mightily taken by the performance of Grands Crus in the finale. We already knew he had an engine – but what today told us, is that he can jump as well. There was a real spring about his jumping – he reminded me a little of One Man.
I could see him going to the very top and would look no further for the 2013 Gold winner. What’s more, if the Pipe’s choose to take that route this season, as they did with Gloria Victus when he was a novice, I reckon he will be a serious force.
Stan James are offering 33/1 about him winning this seasons Gold Cup – I’ve just availed myself of a few quid ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment